So, Saturday/Sunday was a bizarrely productive couple of days for the game; I managed to get the following done:
- Iteration on the main mech shader.
- Completely rewrote the character controller/dynamics (this one was a large chunk of the weekend; I was and still am using custom movement code and getting the mech to feel lumbering but also responsive was… time-consuming).
- Redid the level layout with proper assets instead of the concept buildings.
- Refined vfx.
- Rewrote the projectile logic.
- Got the boosters working.
- Added audio for existing weaponry/projectiles/ambience.
- Added per-material physics response and projectile ricochet.
- Added… Spent shell casings. Because that felt important for some reason.
- Finally figured out the animation pipeline with Maya LT and got a basic idle/walk/run cycle in for the mech.
- New water material that I’m not at all happy with and it’s tempting me a great deal to just reintegrate my old WaveWorks port from UE 4.10.2.
Now all I want in life is a physical material debug view so I can see what doesn’t have materials assigned to it.
I just started laying in some procedural foliage volumes when I finally collapsed on a heap of blankets on my couch and fell asleep. But the result: